Sunday, September 5, 2010

happy happy happy

My cousin got married a year ago, almost to the day and I made her a cute little card and a little photo gift (which I will show you later). I love using people's wedding colors to go their anniversary cards. Hers were red and black. I also cased this card from Kathleen H on SCS, and changed all the colors and a little of the layout. I used the direct to paper technique to make the background black and silver. I took brushed silver cardstock and embossed it then flipped it over and took the Basic Black ink pad and wiped it across the surface of the card. I also used Stampin' Ups! new Rhinestones for the middle of a few of the dots as well as the butterfly.




Stamps: Teeny Tiny Wishes
Inks: Basic Black, Versa Mark
Papers: Real Red, Basic Black, Brushed Silver, Whisper White
Misc: Black Embossing Powder, Filigree Embossing Folder, Basic Jewels Rhinestones, Beautiful Wings Embosslits Die, Scallop Trim Border Punch

I will show you the mini photo album tomorrow.




2 comments:

Heidi Baks said...

Great job on the direct-to-paper. It came out very clean!

Elisa said...

That background is SOOO pretty. I have not tried that technique but I absolutely love the way it came out!