Thursday, July 9, 2009

More sugar flowers and more mess

I have again spent the ENTIRE day making more sugar flowers, my back is getting so sore being bent over and the chair I am sitting on is no good for long hours. I am going to be so happy when the 15th arrives and I am DONE, DONE, DONE!!!

I figured I would show what I have been up to, the table is a mess, but a controlled mess, where everything has a place and is in it, so bear with me a little.
The ivy that were spread all over the sling wrap above, then had their stems wrapped, and were made into 'sprigs' of ivy, like the one below. I had enough ivy to make 10 sprigs and I will need another 6-8 more. Unfortunately the ivy take the longest since they have to dry in the cling wrap to get their shape, and that takes about 3-4 days.


Here I have the ivy made up into sprigs, as well as some of the jasmine flowers and leaves together, and most of the calla lilies are done too. I might have to make some more to fill in a few gaps, but I wont know that until about Monday, then if I need more it will be a fight against time to get them done before we leave Wed.

this is what the Jasmine look like all assembled. I quite like how it turned out. I will be making more of these tomorrow, but the new ones will have a green center.

Finally these are the calla lilies. The color doesn't show up too well with the flash, but they are almost exactly rich razzleberry.

I am off to bed now, I will have a long day tomorrow, and then I leave at 4pm to go to a cake a sugar flower contest.... should be lots of fun.

No comments: