Saturday, February 20, 2010

Very Thankful

I love taking stamps that are meant for one sentiment and using them for another. I saw a really cute card on Andrea Walford's Blog and really wanted to re-create it. The only turtle stamp I have is the one from the Ronald McDonald Charities set Very Thankful, so I used that one. I created a stencil or mask of sorts out of scrap paper to help me make my cloudy background. I used Tempting Turquoise and Bashful Blue for the sky, that way you get a bit more definition and it looks nicer (and in my opinion more real).

Glitter and the Sweet Pea Felts are a great way to add a little something that makes the card (or scrapbook page) a whole lot better.



Stamps: Loads of Love, Very Thankful
Ink: Rich Razzleberry, Chocolate Chip, Tempting Turquoise and Bashful Blue Classic Inks, Aqua Painters and Reinkers - Rich Razzleberry, So Saffron, Old Olive, Chocolate Chip
Paper: Rich Razzleberry, Whisper White, Soft Suede, Old Olive
Misc: Rich Razzleberry Polka Dot Ribbon, Sweet Pea Stitched Felts, Fine Supernova Glitter (Olive), Sponges, Paper Snips (to make the grass fringe), Textured Impressions Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder

I hope you are not too sick of Valentines Day cards yet.

Until next time, Happy Scrappin'