Monday, November 22, 2010

Step it up part 4??? a slightly different version starring Jolly Jingles

I love wheels, they are so easy to use, super quick and they add the perfect touch to any card. This card is a slight variation from the other card. I used the Jolly Jingles Jumbo Wheel to create the background. Everything else is pretty much the same. I have been asked several times what ink color I use the most with my wheels, and I have to say VersaMark. It is a great way to add a bit of detail without overdoing the card, and if you do want to add color to it, you can use the pastels like I did here, or you can add embossing powder and have a lot of color. If you are unsure of what color to ink up your cartridges for your wheels, start with VersaMark, you will not regret it!



Stamps: Jolly Jingles Wheel, Tags Til Christmas
Inks: VersaMark, Real Red, Old Olive
Papers: Very Vanilla, Old Olive, Real Red
Misc: Real Red 5/8" Satin Ribbon, Decorative Label Punch, Crumb Cake Stampin' Pastels, Wheel Guide, Sponges

I sure hope you all don't get sick of things easily, cause I will be posting a ton of Christmas cards in the next few weeks. Every year I send out what feels like a million cards, but in reality is only about 125 or so. On both my side and hubby's side we have a huge number of extended family members, plus friends and such..... and I get bored after making too many of the same card, so I usually end up making at least 40 or so different cards, and I will be posting them all here. I have already posted several, but there are still a ton to post, and sadly, still a ton to make. Wish me luck that I get them all done in time.



3 comments:

Heidi Baks said...

I vote for card 2 and 4 (for the ones I like, at least!). I agree with you about the Versamark with wheels.

Cindy said...

Beautiful Christmas cards. I love your ribbon treatment. #271 following from Stampin Connection.

Bootybella Designs Inc. said...

This card is stunning! Great work sistah!!! Sorry I have been so out of touch - this new job has me neglecting all that I love!!! Stay warm and chat soon!