Wednesday, August 3, 2011

rubber resist take 2

I love simple color schemes, and black and white with a touch of red has always been one of my favorites. I wanted to see if I could make a zebra print using this technique, and I love the end result. When you are doing it this way it does take the rubber cement longer to dry since it is thicker, and if you want the black to look black instead of gray it also takes longer to dry, so please be patient with this one. I also found out by trial and error that thicker lines that wobble look more realistic than thinner straighter lines.



Stamps: Perfect Punches
Inks: Real Red, Basic Black
Paper: Whisper White
Misc: Curly Label Punch, Real Red 5/8" Grosgrain Ribbon, Rubber Cement, Sponges

It's also a lot of fun to experiment with different tools to pull or drop the rubber cement with. I have used the brush that comes with it, as well as lollipop sticks, meat skewers, pencils, toothpicks and more until I found what I liked best. I sure hope you will play around with this technique and see what you can come up with.



2 comments:

Lois said...

I really like the background on this. Awesome job! TFS!!

Heidi Baks said...

Wow, fun!