Friday, April 9, 2010

Another PPA 37 challenge card

So I am not sure if I can enter more than 1 card into the Pals Paper Arts challenge, but I had so much fun making the last one, that I decided to do another. I had seen a card quite similar to this on the Stampin' Up! boards at Regionals or Conference or something and I loved it so I sketched it out and tried it today.

I also tried a few other things I have never done before. I took my Rich Razzleberry Marker and colored in the White 1/4" Grosgrain ribbon, and I took this picture while it was still wet, so it looks a lot darker than it is. I also took a sponge dauber to the edges of the flower to sort of simulate the rocker technique. And lastly, while I had done it before, I figured I should mention it anyways. For the little flowers I stamped the first one and then without re-inking it I stamped it again. for the 3rd flower I only slightly colored the stamp and then lightly pressed it to the paper, so I would have 3 levels of color. Then I sprayed the whole card with Platinum Shimmer Paint that I mixed up into a spray bottle, to make shimmer spray.



Stamps: For all you do
Ink: Basic Gray, More Mustard, Crushed Curry, Rich Razzleberry, Garden Green.
Paper: Rich Razzleberry, Crushed Curry, Very Vanilla, Basic Gray
Misc: Platinum Shimmer Paint, Word Window Punch, 1/4" Whisper White Grosgrain Ribbon, Sponge Daubers, Elegant Bouquet Textured Impressions Folder, Stampin Dimensionals

Crushed Curry is one of the colors on the farewell list, so if you like it, you might want to stock up on it.

Until next time, Happy Scrappin'

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Lovely card...great color combo & layout! This would make a great Sympathy card, too.

Cards by Gina said...

Such a pretty card! Love your flower! Thanks for playing at PPA!