Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Vintage Flowers

Vintage Vogue is probably my favorite new stamp set. I love the many different looks you can achieve with this one stamp set. Plus I am a sucker for a good flower set. This one is a case of a shoe box swap I did at Regionals. I am always amazed at the different styles and color combos other people come up with. This is probably one of my favorite swaps ever!




Stamps: Vintage Vogue
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Bermuda Bay, Crushed Curry
Paper: Very Vanilla, Chocolate Chip, Crushed Curry
Misc: Rhinestone Brads, 1/4" Chocolate Chip, Grosgrain Ribbon, Scallop Trim Border Punch, Iridescent Ice Embossing Powder, Stampin' Dimensionals

To get the softer Bermuda Bay On the Very Vanilla piece with the ribbon, I first stamped the image on the paper in the middle, and then without re-inking it I stamped it again off to the side, to fill in the paper, but with a softer look. This technique is called stamping off, and you can achieve some gorgeous results.

Until next time, Happy Scrappin'

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ooooh...this is gorgeous, too. Love the color combo and the layout...must remember to case this one. I soooo hope this set makes the big catty in July.