Sunday, August 8, 2010

I love my Brayer

I know I have been showing you all a lot of different brayer cards lately, but I really do love using my brayer. Whenever I need to make a quick card I grab my brayer. This is very similar to one we did for my brayer basics class. I had to make a card very last minute (I almost forgot a birthday and needed to mail it asap) so I grabbed my brayer and whipped this card up. It took me literally less than 8 minutes to make the whole card and get it signed and in the mail. This uses the gradation and masking techniques.


Stamps: Nature Silhouettes, Occasional Quotes (level 3 hostess set), Sanded
Inks: Not quite Navy, Basic Black
Paper: Whisper White, Not Quite Navy, Basic Black, Night of Navy
Misc: 1" Circle Punch, Signo White Gel Pen



7 comments:

Kim Jenkins said...

I love your brayer too, mine - I'm not so fond of. Your card is beautiful.

Thanks for sharing,
Kim

Sandy Hill said...

Absolutely beautiful. What is the gradation technique? I love this silouette.

Brenda said...

This is great, are you going to teach us how to do gradation (whatever that is)?

Karen said...

I've made this card and its so much fun! I love this silhouette set for it too! The wolf in the set looks like he's howling at the moon when you use him. Awesome job!

Kim P said...

Very nice! I *need* this stamp so I can CASE Zindorf's card too! It is so cool!! You did a great job, and your brayer is working very well!!

kat said...

Wow, great card. Love the night scene.

Elisa said...

WOW! Beautiful card. Guess I need to get my brayer out...