Thursday, August 5, 2010

Remember the 80's??

I normally choose not to remember the 80's, but that is what this background technique reminds me of. I cased this from linda on SCS, but changed a little bit and added some extra details like the punched out stars. I also misted the DSP with some water and crumpled it a couple times, I wanted the paper to look quite distressed, and ripped. I then sponged the edges with basic gray ink. This is another card from my most recent Brayer Basics class. It is a lot of fun to make.


Stamps: Extreme Guitar, Starring You (retired)
Inks: Basic Gray, Sage Shadow (retired)
Paper: Basic Gray, Whisper White, Sage Shadow (retired) and Nouveau Chic DSP (retired)
Misc: Star Designer Brads (retired), Brayer, Star Punch (retired), Sponge Daubers, Stampin' Dimensionals,





8 comments:

hollybeary creations said...

OMG!! I love this card.. all of it, the layout the card stock the DSP.. Great job!!

Karen said...

I love the brayer technique. Its super fun with this stamp too. Great card.

Amanda said...

I've never tried that technique with the brayer before! I love how you stressed the paper, TFS.

Christyne said...

What's wrong with the 80's? LOVE the 80's...and your card too!!!

kat said...

Oh, yes very 80's. Reminds me of all those big hair bands I used to love, lol. Very cool!!

Nanci said...

The 80's rocked! Love your card.
I'm following you from SC. Hope you'll join my blog too! www.crafthavenretreats.blogspot.com

Stamping Aweigh with Norma said...

Nice card!! I'm now following you. Hope you will follow me too!
Norma
www.stampingaweigh.blogspot.com

Heidi Baks said...

Love the effect of this technique, and I haven't tried it. I should go do that!