Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Parisian birthday

I know when I was 18 the idea of going to Paris was like a dream come true, so I tried to use that as the theme for this 18th birthday card for another niece. The paper used is Parisian Breeze DSP that is retired, but perfect for this card. I also don't normally sew on my cards, but I thought it kind of needed that extra touch. I chalked the edges of the 5 petal flowers with white craft ink, and layered a baja breeze button on the chocolate chip one.


Stamps: Teeny Tiny Wishes
Inks: Whisper White Craft, Baja Breeze
Papers: Chocolate Chip, Baja Breeze, Whisper White, Parisian Breeze DSP (retired)
Misc: Corduroy Buttons (retired), Organza Ribbon, Word Window Punch, Modern Label Punch, Sponges, Sewing, 5 petal punch, Scallop Circle #2 Bigz Die

I had a lot of fun teaching classes this past weekend and I will start showing you those cards tomorrow. We have had lots of busy days here, and hopefully I can start planning some more classes and club meetings. I have several planned for September, but am needing to get the dates set for October and November. If you are interested in coming to some classes or joining one of my clubs let me know, they are filling up fast.



7 comments:

Karen said...

I love love love your flower. It's awesome.

kat said...

Really pretty, love the colours and the flower is beautiful. Nice extra touch with the sewing.

Jacklyn said...

Beautiful card, great colors and what a good idea to layer the buttons, I'm going to try that.

Kim Jenkins said...

Wow, what a pretty card and what a lot of work. Love everything about it.

Thanks for sharing,
Kim

Heidi Baks said...

Beautiful card, love the sewing! The flower is made entirely with the 5-petal flower punch?

Dany said...

Heidi,

Yes that whole flower is done with the 5 petal punch. I am going to do a quick tip video on that later today, and should have it posted by Sunday at the latest. I just have to find some time around here that is quiet, and with a 4 yr old and 3 neighbor kids it might be after bedtime tonight before I get started.

Lois said...

Awesome flower. I love the colors! 2 of my favorites. Great card!!