Monday, August 30, 2010

Tripod setup for filming tutorials

I have been asked several times how I set up my tripod, and last night on a message board I frequent a couple people were looking for a video on how to set tripods up for making tutorials. I said if they couldn't find one I would make one, so here we are.

This is a quick look at how I do it. I need to apologize for the shaky camera, I filmed this at about 3 am, and was quite tired when I did it. Also the lighting in the room is terrible, but I hope you can see well enough. My stamping room has the worst lighting.




The video camera I use is a Canon DC10, and my tripod is a Manfrotto 141RC, both are fairly old, but work great for me. I am also working on a couple of quick tip tutorials for you. Ihave filmed them, but have not had time to edit them yet.... soon I hope.



5 comments:

Heidi Baks said...

So funny! A video about making videos! :)

Anonymous said...

PERFECT! Just wonderful! Thank you so much for doing this. It was just what I needed!!

YOU ROCK! (I know, you are sick of hearing that already, but you do!)

Karen said...

This was awesome! Thanks so much for taking the time to show us!

Carol said...

Thank you for making and posting this video! I am new to scrapbooking and VERY new to making videos (I just made my first one today!) and was looking for a video-expert to post something like this to help us out!!

If you don't mind, I'll be following your blog!! :-)

hollybeary creations said...

I set my camera up the same way and do the flip when I edit it.. I think it makes it better for watching them as well.. I need that tripod you have though... I have a smaller width to work in.. Thanks for showing us that..