Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Poppin' Pastels

I love the aged antique look you can give to cards by using the poppin' pastels technique. Very Vanilla is a great color, but you can add a lot of depth to it, simply by dirtying it up a bit with ink or chalks. I chose to use chalks for this look, and I love that the image from the jumbo wheel very vintage is just barely visible on the background vanilla cardstock. Looking at this card now, I should have put a light dusting of the chalk onto the blue flower, it looks a little too bright. I made the blue flower from the 5 petal flower punch by layering 5 of them on top of each other after I had scrunched them up.



Stamps: Very Vintage Jumbo Wheel, Perfect Punches
Inks: Early Espresso, Marina Mist
Paper: Marina Mist, Very Vanilla, Early Espresso, DSP,
Misc: Jumbo Brads, Scallop Trim Punch, distressing tool (from the cutter kit), Curly Label Punch, 5 Petal Flower Punch, Stampin' Pastels, Sponges, Cotton Balls

I will *hopefully* have a great organizing tip video for you later tonight, if it edits nicely for me.


2 comments:

Jen said...

Great card! I love the colours and that flower is gorgeous.

Karen said...

Love the flower, it's beautiful.