Monday, August 16, 2010

mmmm cake......

I love cake but I really love making cakes, usually real cakes, but this card was sooo much fun to do. I have a couple nieces birthdays coming up so I was making birthday cards last week for them. I try really hard to make fun and special ones for the family that we don't see very often. I cased this one from Marie on SCS. I didn't have the stamps she used, but MDS does so I printed them out on whisper white cardstock and used dimensionals to add them to the card. I love MDS and love all the options it open up for me in my scrapbooking and card making.





Stamps: Party Hearty
Inks: Rose Red, Old Olive, Pacific Point, Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie
Paper: Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive, Pacific Point, Whisper White, SAB DSP, Tempting Turquoise
Misc: Word Window Punch, Modern Label Punch, Tag Punch, Large Tag Punch, Scallop Edge Punch, Stampin' Dimensionals, Corner Rounder Punch, MDS, 1/4" Daffodil Delight Grosgrain Ribbon





8 comments:

Jacklyn said...

'Sweet' cards! I'm sure the girls will love them. Great idea of printing out of MDS.

stampingwithlulu said...

Wow! Great card! Following you from the SC forum!

www.stampingwithlulu.blogspot.com

Kim Jenkins said...

Your cake looks delicious! Love the card.

Thanks for sharing,
Kim

Karen said...

Love all the bright birthday colors! Love what you did with the set too. Very creative. TFS

Heidi Baks said...

Very cute - what a perfect b-day card!

hollybeary creations said...

I love this.. It's so bright and cheery!!

Amanda said...

Yummy! I love all those colours together.

Lois said...

WOW! Cool card. Love the bright colors...love the stairstep!
MDS is awesome when you don't have the stamps!